04 February 2011

Housekeeping

Before I really get started here, I'd like to ask you all to comment a little bit about the general layout of the blog.

Is the background design too annoying? Is everything easy to navigate? Are there any general issues I need to be aware of, from a design front? Even more importantly, do you like the ferret?

What about the title of the blog? I understand that it's not at all professional - and it can be changed. Any ideas for titles? I haven't quite defined my general theme - this may be more along the lines of a repository for all the things that run around in my brain.

Finally, I welcome any and all suggestions! Please let me know what you think.

Danke!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:10 PM

    The background seems fine to me, though I don't really care about backgrounds.

    You have black text on white, which is all that matters to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Flanagan4:11 PM

    I like the blog, it makes me want to go get frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf, maybe they can sponsor you. :)

    No technical difficulties here, although the Post a Comment page is blue/white/gray. I don't know if you can change that.

    The title works, it's fun and shows a lack of formal direction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. James-

    I'll work on that... good idea! I kind of wish it would just let you add a comment to the bottom instead of redirecting you to another page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James - I got the comment thing to work the way I wanted it to. Let there be much song and dance. !! It should just embed the comment form at the bottom of the post from now on. Let me know if it does/not work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the background - pretty and cheerful. no problems reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LaDonna4:32 PM

    The background is a bit bright and made it hard for me to read the text (but that could just be me). Something is funky with the blog archive. The title of your blog post was parsed as (each on a different line) Hou se kee pin g. That's going to be annoying when you have a topic title of more than one word. That's all I saw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LaDonna,
    I noticed the title parsing issue as well, though I don't remember it having that problem with previous posts. I'm not terribly certain how to fix that just yet, so I changed the format of the blog archive. As of now, it won't list the titles unless you select the month specifically.

    As for the brightness of the background, let me know if it continues to be a problem, or if it's so annoying that you'd rather skip the blog. I really like the brightness, but I may be able to tinker with the text size/font to help with readability.

    ReplyDelete